There was another feast for us in the morning-the breakfast.Tired after the previous day's sight seeing,the breakfast would awaken not only out taste buds but also refresh us totally.
What I enjoyed each morning at the table was hot crispy hash browns and coffee[not to mention all the other goodies].So I thought I will make my own Hash browns and check it tastes just like what I had in the hotel.
Hash browns though considered a breakfast food,are always a hit be it at breakfast,lunch or as a snack.I read that North American diners serve these as a breakfast staple with bacon or with burgers.
Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and grate.[Peeling is optional]
- Usually a potato ricer is used to remove the moisture from the grated potato but since i don't have one,I spread the grated potato over a clean cotton cloth and rolled it up and pressed it,but not too hard.[Be sure to remove as much moisture as possible.]
- Heat a pan [I used a non stick one] and spread the grated potato.
- Press gently and evenly so that no single area is too thick or thin.[If you have a lot of grated potato prepare this in batches or spread it out fully on the pan and quater it.]
- After a few minutes check if that side has browned.
- Flip it over and cook till both sides are brown.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.
Sending this toAWED American event at DK's Blog.