Spiced Hot Chocolate

With no signs of spring weather, the days are as cold as the winter. It snowed again last night and there was a blanket of snow on everything outside when I looked out of the window this morning.A pretty sight indeed!!The trees swayed to the tunes of the heavy winds and I could almost hear it howling!!!It must be freezing cold out there...

As I cooked breakfast and lunch for hubby this morning ,the only thing on my mind was to get into bed and curl up next to my sleeping beauty-Lil angel as soon he steps out. But I also wanted to write for my blog and was too sleepy to think… On days like these there are a few things that can keep me awake and alert,like the this wonderful and aromatic spiced hot chocolate !!!

Here is the simple recipe for you…

I used:

Low fat milk- 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder-3/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder - ¼ teaspoon
Chilli powder- ¼ teaspoon
Nutmeg- a pinch
Ground cloves-a pinch
Sugar to taste

Heat the milk in a pan until lukewarm and add all the ingredients and stir well until dissolved. Heat for a few more minutes and transfer contents to a mug and sip!!!!



Note:

The proportion of the spices can be changed to suit your taste.
You can also try the same with any hot chocolate mix instead of cocoa powder.

Here are some other spiced beverages

Moroccan Instant spiced coffee

Masala Chai-Spiced Indian Tea

Happy cooking...

Labels: