Homemade Curd / Yogurt

I can never imagine a meal without curd.Sometimes I can even use it as a side dish for breakfast/ dinner dishes if there is nothing else available.And as for the cooling raitas prepared with the curds, I can eat it as a meal. My love for curd is so much that I have a separate place for it in the recipe index - Yumm Yogurt .Do I need anymore points to prove my love for this delicious thing!!

The health benefits of yogurt are aplenty and mighty impressive!Here are a few that I found interesting...

To prepare yogurt at home just follow these simple steps.[This is what I do]
Note:
Use the fresh yogurt to prepare Khadi , raitas, smoothies,lassi,flavored /fruit yogurt,avial etc and the sour curd can be used to marinate green chillies to prepare Sundried chillies .

Check out Yumm Yogurt which has more than 40 curd/yogurt based recipes.



Selection of yogurt:


In case you are not able to make this at home, here are a few things that can be considered before buying it from the store...

Check out what my fellow marathoners are cooking this week @ the 10th edition of Blogging Marathon


This Day That Year...


2010-Yardlong beans Potato stir fry

2008 - Carrot Rice

Bon Appetit...


Labels: , , ,