Salt to taste
- Slice the potatoes
2.Immerse them in water till the next step.
2.Meanwhile heat a large pot of water and add salt.When it comes to a rolling boil, turn off the heat and drain the potato from the water and add to the pot.Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. Drain completely.
5.Dry the slices in the sun. The slices should not stick with each other.
This usually dries in a day or two depending on the intensity of sun light. If it is not completely dry on the first day, bring it indoors in the evening, cover the tray / plate with a paper towel and keep it out to dry the next day.
Store in an air tight container . Deep fry and enjoy with lunch / as a snack...
- Do not use a chips cutter / mandolines for slicing the potato. The slices should not be too thin. When thin slices are put into boiling water, it turns mushy and is of no use.Use a knife to slice the potatoes.
- Large potatoes are better as the slices shrink while drying.
- Even though they are fully dry, it might splutter during frying.Be cautious...
- If you are not sure about the quantity of salt to be added in step 2, add some and proceed. After frying, check for salt and add more if required and toss well before serving.
- You can also add garam masala, chaat masala, chilli powder after frying the chips to get chips in different flavor.
- This chips will not be pearly white, but will taste great even if they are a little yellowish / light brown.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17