Lil angel loves Ragi Poori and Radish. I paired these two in this recipe. The flavor of radish cannot be noticed in the pooris.So this is a great way to feed radish to kids who hate this veggie.
I used :
Adapted from LemonKurry
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Ragi flour - 1/4 cup
Radish- 1 medium sized
Ajwain seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Peel and slice the radish into thin slices.
- Pressure cook / microwave with a little water.
- Once it is cool, drain the excess water and puree / mash the cooked radish.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients [except the oil] and add this puree little by little to make a firm dough. Water is not needed to make the dough. If the dough is sticky add a little more wheat / ragi flour.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Pinch out small balls from the dough and roll out into pooris.
- Deep fry one at a time till it puffs up and cooked
- Serve hot with potato masal or any side dish of your choice.
- Prepare the pooris as soon as you knead the dough.
- Ragi flour can be omitted and whole wheat flour alone can be used.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26
Tomorrow, I will be back with a recipe starting with 'V'. Haven't decided which one, so can't ask you to guess :)